« Home | Hurricane Katrina » | Castle by the Bay  » | Road Courtesy Please! » | Keeping things simple (2) » | Keeping Things Simple (1) » | Im a Chinese.. Am I? » | Thank You » | Beauty is only skin deep, but true ugliness cuts r... » | The Dark Room » | The Wemmicks (A Long Read!) »

Kids these days

After teaching my tuition kid for sometime, Im really amazed at what goes on in their minds. TV shows must really be getting to them.. A few excerpts to show what I mean..

Reading his Pri 1 English Textbook

Topic : Clothes

There’s a whole comic strip showing a girl putting on clothes. Starting from her panties.. (???!!!), followed by her blouse, skirt, shoes, combing of her hair..

The whole time I was going thru that with him, he was grinning the whole time. And I was the one feeling embarrassed!!

Going through a cloze passage

Helping words : Ears Body Arms Legs Head Toes

I cant remember how the cloze passage was exactly like.. but it went something like ..

When I listen to music, I swing my 1) __________ from side to side. . . . . I wriggle my 2) ____________ . . . . . Lastly, I shake my 3) ___________ to the beat of the music.

His answers: 1) backside 2) backside 3) butt

Speechless.

Reading comprehension passages

Him: This story the truth one ah?

Me: No, its just a story. Its not real

Him: So bluff one ah? Not the truth one ah?

Me: No.. they are just stories that are fake. Come Come, lets do the questions.

Him: Huh, so bluff people one ah..

Me: Not bluff people la, they are just not real.

Him: . . . . . . . .