« Home | Thank You » | Beauty is only skin deep, but true ugliness cuts r... » | The Dark Room » | The Wemmicks (A Long Read!) » | Little Superhero Girl » | 1st post »

Im a Chinese.. Am I?

I think I seriously need to brush on my Chinese. I cant even converse properly in Chinese and Im a Chinese! Its embarrassing.. haha.. these cases will prove my point ya.

Scenario 1 – teaching tuition


Was reading a comprehension passage with him when we came across the word ‘pigeon’.

Me: So, you know what’s a pigeon? (was expecting him to say don’t know or yes, it’s a bird)

Him: I know! Ge Zi!

Me: ….. ( thinking what on earth is ge zi..)
Erm, ya.. correct! Ok.. Pigeon is a type of bird ok.. Ok, lets continue.

Thank goodness it was correct. So embarrassing!

Scenario 2 - Was working and serving a group of Chinese nationals.

They took a figurine of the merlion and asked in Chinese

Them : What is this?

Me: … (How am I supposed to answer in Chinese????)

Them: Orh.. its *^&^%&*%$&^$ ( Merlion in Chinese).

Me: AH! Dui! ( Actually I agar-agar)

Sigh.. what a loser.

These are just 2 scenarios out of the many that Ive encountered to make me embarrassed enough. Sigh, what an embarrassment to the Chinese. Maybe I should colour myself.. blue?

hahahahaha! You are funny, meiyarn! Always and ever so funny!! Ok, i know you know you are funny.. :S

Post a Comment