« Home | Castle by the Bay  » | Road Courtesy Please! » | Keeping things simple (2) » | Keeping Things Simple (1) » | Im a Chinese.. Am I? » | Thank You » | Beauty is only skin deep, but true ugliness cuts r... » | The Dark Room » | The Wemmicks (A Long Read!) » | Little Superhero Girl »

Hurricane Katrina

Its amazing what nature can do. Nature can give us the most breathtaking sceneries – the bluest skies, greenest pastures, colourful flowers, the most lovely rainbow – and yet, it can take everything away in a matter of seconds. Natural Disasters.

I was watching the charity show for the victims of Hurricane Katrina earlier and the footages really moved me. The most powerful nation in the world being reduced to a state thats almost similar to a third-world county. Roads that were formerly used for happy parades now reduced to a sea of water. Streets that were formerly filled with laughter now filled with cries of sorrow.

At that point, I realized how blessed I am, to be here in this county thats so safe from natural disasters, to be in a family I can never do without and blessed with friends that a million thanks would not be enough to show how much I appreciate them.

Lets all take a little time of to give thanks and to pray for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.